[libXScrnSaver] Is “Requires.private” really needed?

Hi!

I wanted to update gajim in Fedora Extras but libXScrnSaver-devel has broken dependencies. `pkg-config --libs xscrnsaver' command gives this output:

Package x11 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `x11.pc'
Package 'x11', required by 'XScrnSaver', not found

Before reporting this in Bugzilla I wanted to ask about one question. /usr/lib/pkgconfig/xscrnsaver.pc file contains this line:

Requires.private: x11 xext

If I understand pkg-config's manpage correctly, “Requires.private” and “Libs.private” are only needed in the case of static linking. Am I right? If yes, maybe it would be better to comment this line out to not to add unnecessary dependency bloat? (X.org X11 libs in Rawhide do not provide static libs.) Here's the proposal patch → http://wiki.fedora.pl/gajownik/xorg/libXScrnSaver-private.patch

Comments?

BTW Merry Christmas!

--

  ^_*