Re: On the broken dependency list

Bill Nottingham wrote:
Jesse Keating (jkeating@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) said:
As for signing packages, I do believe they are signed.

Generally, in rawhide, packages are signed as follows:

Key 4F2A6FD2:
 If they are directly inherited from:
 - the previous major release
 - updates for the previous major release

Key 30C9ECF8:
 If they are directly inherited from:
 - a test release
 - test updates for the previous major release (shouldn't happen)

Packages that don't fall into these categories will not be signed.

Why not sign all packages distributed by redhat/fedora? Signing packages only serves to guarantee the origin of the package not its fitness for use. I think i had to disable key checking awhile back in yum because i couldnt install the new packages in rawhide (well i assume they were new packages based on your feedback above). If you would like to add another key for these packages i think that would be fine but i personally think that a "gold fedora key" and a "silver fedora key" are enough to demonstrate the release status of a package. -mf