Re: Unable to boot with SELinux enabled

David Nielsen wrote:
man, 24 10 2005 kl. 06:58 -0700, skrev Tom London:
On 10/23/05, David Nielsen <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
lør, 22 10 2005 kl. 23:00 -0400, skrev Richard Hally:
David Nielsen wrote:
I'm currently seeing a rather odd permission problem when SELinux is
enabled, it appears that the initscripts don't have the correct
permissions to create lockfiles (amongst other things I gather). Now I
would love to file a proper bugreport for this but I have no idea where
to start. The filesystem has been properly relabeled and I'm running the
latest targeted policy.

As the system hangs during boot and the logger can't start because of
permission issues (I think, it doesn't actually complain like iptables
does) I cannot even acquire a decent log describing the nature of this
problem.

So could someone point me in the right direction?

Having to set selinux=0 feels so.. dirty.

Kind regards
David Nielsen

Try enforcing=0 on the boot line, this should allow you to boot and get
the messages.
That seemed to really anger X, now it won't even start when SELinux is
disabled - as far as I can tell it attempts to switch domain context and
fails.

Is anyone succesfully running current rawhide with the targeted policy
enabled or is it just my setup that's acting weird?

- David
Targeted/enforcing works for me (with today's rawhide).

You sure you're running a completely updated rawhide?

Absolutely, installed directly to rawhide Friday from
mirrors.dotsrc.org/fedora - kept it up to date with Katz' wonderful new
pup graphical updater.

- David

Have you tried relabeling?

You can boot with the kernel parameter of "autorelabel", or touch /.autorelabel and reboot.
\