Lockup Of Programs in FC4

Hello,

After installing FC4, I am experiencing lockups of programs when mplayer is playing along with any other programs I may have open at the time. Either the program (generally FreeCell Solitaire) will freeze or one of the menu buttons (Applications, Places, or Desktop) will freeze along with it.

Is this specifically a bug that someone else has encountered and is there anything I can do about fixing this situation? Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any help would be appreciated.

Jeff