Editing cupsd.config files

Hello,

Just a thought, but has anyone ever thought of developing a program within the Gnome desktop environment that would allow you to edit the /etc/cups/cupsd.config file without having to log out from a user's account to log on to a root account ? Is there such a program available within Gnome? I have a small network where in order for the computers to access the print server, I have to configure the print server's cupsd.config file in order for the computers to access the printer connected to the print server. Although the computers can "see" the printer connected to the print server, they cannot access it. It would be a great idea if some type of program could be developed to edit these files without logging out from the user's account. I'm not sure if this is an appropriate question for an FC5 wish list, but I'll throw my hat into the ring for this one.

Jeff