Re: Switching to Rawhide, trying pup, surprised no conflicts upgrading

Mike Chambers wrote:
On Sat, 2005-06-25 at 08:44 -0400, Jim Cornette wrote:

I decided to switch back over to rawhide and see how it dealt with the devlopment tree. Suprisingly, it installed all package upgrades without any dep not being resolved. All packages installed without problem.

Did firefox work OK with the updated firefox/cairo packages (regarding
fonts I mean)?

When I launched Firefox for the first time, it imported mozilla bookmarks. Compared to Mozilla, contrast seemed lesser. The text seemed the same though.

Going to a webpage that is the same site for both browsers, firefox displayed the background as green, mozilla showed it as blue. I believe the background should be blue and not green. Epiphany displays the colors the same as mozilla, as does konquerer.

Jim