Re: Switching to Rawhide, trying pup, surprised no conflicts upgrading

Jim Cornette wrote:

After hearing mention of pup now beig available in development on the Fedora-list, I had to try out the program. It gave the same dep error in FC4 as yum specified regarding magma and gulm. (hangovers from switching over from rawhide to FC4)

I decided to switch back over to rawhide and see how it dealt with the devlopment tree. Suprisingly, it installed all package upgrades without any dep not being resolved. All packages installed without problem.

Notes on pup, I like it so far. The information during package install was vague and the only indication of where one was in the installation process was when the process was completed. When upgrading 300 packages, a display regarding where you are in the upgrading would be information worth knowing. I am sure this information will be added later.

Great job with pup and with keeping development deps in check! (i386 anyway)

General comments about the file chooser. I like the feature regarding the pulldown for directories. I like the overall look of the file chooser compared to previous versions.

Jim

It seems as though we are re-inventing a product that already exists, and is much more developed:

http://linux.rasmil.dk/cms/modules/wfsection/article.php?articleid=1

Scott