Re: up2date not working, Silly question

David G. Miller (aka DaveAtFraud) wrote:

Is this an official change in the way Fedora updates are going to be distributed in the future or just a work-around until whoever is responsible for posting the updates fixes things and gets the previous method working again? If this is a permanent chance, it seems like this is something that should have gotten rolled out with FC5 instead of being inflicted on FC4 in the last few days before release (and someone needs a several whacks with a clue stick).

Just guessing, but this problem cropped up when rawhide started getting FC5 RPMs, I expect that when FC4 is rolled out we'll get a new fedora-release rpm that will have the new, improved sources file. At least I hope that is what will happen!

Scott