Re: gdm early login

Hi,

Presumably in the end it won't be gdm specific, but will also work if the user wants kdm for example (as I do...) ?

I don't think so.  Ideally, we would get all the features that users
care about into one display manager and drop the rest from core (maybe
provide them as alternatives in Extras).

I really only run kdm since I prefer kde to gnome, and if I run gdm I cannot reboot/shutdown without logging out first. A minor thing but gets a tad annoying eventually.

If this can be made possible from gdm (perhaps it is and I've missed how ?) I'm happy to use gdm.

Chris