Re: We will soon be at FC4 and system-config-packages will still fall short

seth vidal wrote:

System-config-packages really needs, I would say, requires,
an option allowing to see everything instead of just a subset of the
distribution like presently.  Yes, I filed an RFE a loooong
time ago.  But FC4 will be still another release of Fedora
where most of the distribution is not visible from
system-config-packages so the only solution is use RPM from
the command line, while fighting dependencies and trying to
find what CD has the required package.

system-config-packages needs to die.

The plan is for it to die.

Pup work is still going on. If you'd like to help, cvs is available pup
and I'm sure paul would except intelligent patches.

-sv

pup can only update packages while system-config-packages can also install/uninstall so pup looks like an replacement for up2date but not for system-config-packages