How an amateur figured it out

Hi there,
I was determind to test FC4t1 so I downloaded and burned the DVD ISO. I loaded the DVD and failed the media check. However, I suspected this from reading some of the mails here. I installed, it went ok. Entered terminal, <alt-ctrl-f1> and tried the "yum update dgm". It didn't work, then I found another mail suggesting "yum update gdm wfm." which did the trick. Now I was able to log in as root and creat a user id. Then I tried several times to run "yum update" with variable success untill I figured out that I could edit yum.conf and set "gpgcheck=0". Suddenly I had more than 600 updates to my system and things work almost as with my FC3 installation. And a lot faster than before this big update.
I installed the FC4t1 on an IBM TP T30 with a 12 GB HD.

Thanks to all of you knowledable people posting solutions.

Regards,
Truls
begin:vcard
fn:Truls Gulbrandsen