Re: /dev/cpu/microcode still not happy

Nalin Dahyabhai wrote:
On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 03:34:31PM -0500, Joel Rittvo wrote:

I am running current rawhide (except with the last FC3 kernel 2.6-10-1.770_FC3), from daily updates, not a full clean install. I have been getting a boot-up message about /dev/cpu/microcode not being able to be made for a long time now. Today there was an update to MAKEDEV that relates to this. I installed it, but I'm still getting the error message. I also made a fresh initrd file today, just in case that was related.

Is the "microcode" device being loaded on your system?  udev should be
creating /dev/cpu/microcode when the module is loaded....

Nalin

In the System Configuration tool, microcode_ctl is checked to run at runlevel 3 and 5. It reports the following status:

/etc/init.d/microcode_ctl: microcode device /dev/cpu/microcode doesn't exist?

I get the same message when I attempt to restart microcode_ctl from the System Configuration tool.