/dev/cpu/microcode still not happy

I am running current rawhide (except with the last FC3 kernel 2.6-10-1.770_FC3), from daily updates, not a full clean install. I have been getting a boot-up message about /dev/cpu/microcode not being able to be made for a long time now. Today there was an update to MAKEDEV that relates to this. I installed it, but I'm still getting the error message. I also made a fresh initrd file today, just in case that was related.

I am guessing that I need to "run something" to initialize the change in the new MAKEDEV. I ran udevstart, but that didn't solve the problem. I tried to run /sbin/MAKEDEV /etc/makedev.d/linux-2.6.x and it only tells me: don't know how to make device "/etc/makedev.d/linux-2.6.x".

So, anyone know the trick I seem to be missing????  TIA.

Joel Rittvo
Hoboken, NJ