Re: Can I Get a FC4T1 Installation Summary?

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005, David Cary Hart wrote:

Can I avoid the MBR issue in advance of the installation? Is YUM a
confirmed problem?

MBR issue: run linux expert at the boot prompt, and when you get into the install, before you start installing the packages, hit alt+f2 to switch to the second console. dd if=/dev/hda of=/root/mbr bs=512 count=1 should save your MBR into /root/mbr. Hit alt+f7 to go back to your install (i'm assuming you are running graphical install). After all the packages have been installed and before you reboot, go back into the console, and cat the saved mbr into /dev/hda.

As for yum, it's fixed as of today. I'm not sure if the yum on FC4T1 comes broken, but if it is, then up2date -u yum should clear that right up.