Re: Bad iso image

John Pearson wrote:

I have downloaded the dvd iso image for Fedora Core 4, test 1, etc. The sha1sum hash on the completed torrent matches the published spec. The copy of the same images hashes clean on the machine that I am using to burn the image. [using Nero 5.5 under windows XP. All that is available here and now.] I have made 3 dvd copies using different batches of blanks. None of them passes the test. None of them produces a working machine. Although I am able to install both FC2 and FC3 on the machine in question. Is there something else that I can do or need to try?

-jpearson

You may be victim of several bugs. The DVDs are probably OK. The media test is not working. Also, if you log into the gui without first logging into a text terminal (CTRL-ALT-F1 for example) as root and running
yum update gdm
you will not get a useable screen. You must also manually add a normal user as root - the firstboot program is also hosed.

Hope this helps.  Try again with one of your DVDs.

Gerry