Re: Pecular reactions with Rawhide installation

John Ellson wrote:
CPU temp seems like a good indicator that some process has gotten stuck in a loop and is using 100% cpu.
Using top will usually show the culprit.

Last time that was happenning to me it was /usr/bin/esd. It is impossible to "rpm -e esound" because everything claims to depend on it, so my solution was to "mv /usr/bin/esd /usr/bin/esd.broken" and reboot. Sound seems to
work much better now.

John

It amazes me to see all the depencies on ESD. Most of the alleged depencies are apps that have optional ESD support (which can be turned off upon recompilation). When is this abomination finally going to be killed for good?

-sb