Pecular reactions with Rawhide installation

Using an updated rawhide upgrade. I have noticed a few pecular items with the operation of the system.

The system seems to slow down to a snails pace at times and may be unresponsive. The processor seems to be overburdoned at times and allows my usual 45 degree temperature for the processor to escelate to higher than usual temperatures. Today, the temperature got to 80 C and the system shut itself off. I run acpi.

Selinux from the upgrade to FC3 to rawhide from Feb 13th mix left the logs stagnated and inaccessable for days past the installation. Using touch /.autorelabel got the logs working again. Later, experimenting to use the strict policy (vs. targeted) and relabeling the system would not allow me to start x from runlevel 3. I could launch X if setenforce 0 was run before running the startx script.

selinux-policy-targeted-1.21.14-1
policycoreutils-1.21.18-1
checkpolicy-1.21.4-1
selinux-policy-strict-1.21.14-1

General preferences, I like the Apps, places and desktop divisions within the menu structure. It just might be good to not add/remove and juggle the menu structures around as frequently. Hopefully the reorganizing settles down to more subtle structure changes.

Also, there seems to be a problem with icon registration for certain apps within the menus. gnucash and KDE items do not show up on the menu. If you add the program to the panel launcher, it errors out as having no icon. If you check the properties, the icons are there. When the item was checked for a second time, there is no icon selected in the properties for the item.

The largest pecularity is a white flash when starting X from runlevel 3. The screen is completely white for an instant, then the loading of GNOME continues with its normal sequence.

Overall, GNOME seems to be slower than it was for FC3. KDE was very slow after launching mozilla. KDE seemed pretty stripped down from previous usage of the windows manager for short periods.

Is anyone else experiencing similar issues with current rawhide?

Jim

--
Politics and the fate of mankind are formed by men without ideals and without
greatness.  Those who have greatness within them do not go in for politics.