Re: FC4 for servers

On Sat, 5 Feb 2005, Arjan van de Ven wrote:

On Sat, 2005-02-05 at 15:16 -0300, Vano Beridze wrote:

I don't want to beleive that nobody is able to identify the packages
that are needed to only boot the system.

I'm not telling you. I posted this list of packages to this mailinglist
a few weeks ago.

The fact remains if we select bare bones server isntall it *SHOULD* be that, if people want all hte lovely other junk, let THEM add it under custom or do a workstation isntall.

Why have we strayed from this?
I tell you now this is the main reason I have been told never to install fedora ino ur data center, I a couple aging RH9 boxes left because they were true server instla setups, the rest looks ilke from your comments will continue to be slackware.

--
Regards,
Res