Re: yum update problems

Hi,

Yep. Running rawhide on the laptop and the main box at home. Works like
a charm. Have been using rawhide since RH8!

Under no circumstances  should you ever ever ever say that rawhide
works like a charm in a publicly archived forum. You do a HUGE
disservice to the community and by doing so you encourage people who
are not prepared to troubleshoot potentially serious breakage to use
rawhide indescrimately and get into situations from which they are not
skilled enough in cmdline usage to effectively work their way out of.

That's just the point though - for me, other than a couple of hiccups when X fails or that time where something seriously screwed with the gateway was shafted, rawhide works.

The reason I asked originally was that the box at home (also using rawhide) doesn't fall over with that problem. When I checked though, that was also sucking from the stable branch as well.

Say it with me:  'rawhide eats babies'

Rawhide eats jellybabies ;-)

The problems you are seeing with missing and conflicting dependancies
are the most trivial and most common problems associated with rawhide.
And I dare say.. that anyone who has been using rawhide on a daily
basis for a length of time long enough to cover a 2 release cycles
knows this sort of stuff happens regularly....especially during a
period between "test release phases."

Correct, I do. However, these swig problems do seem to have gone on for a while...

I'm actually somewhat concerned that someone
using rawhide as long as you have needs to ask for assistance on how
to deal with such a minor and regularly occuring rawhide problem.

Actually, this minor thing was just me being confused between a couple of machines and remembering one of the announcements that libiw had been backmade to a previous version for NetworkManager and kdenetwork to work.

TTFN

Paul
(using Thunderbird as his main box has decided not to work)