Re: Rawhide SE Linux targeted policy warning !!!

Paul wrote:

I just updated from rawhide. I am using selinux-policy-targeted-1.19.15-7. It
breaks about everything. My suggestion is to skip it (unless you want a little
excitement in your life).

glibc is also knackered (fails to map correctly).

That is extremely unlikely, especially since I run it (and the latest policy as well).

Since nobody has posted any actual information I must guess that some files are mislabeled. E.g., ldconfig for some reason creates updated glibc DOSs with

  system_u:object_r:lib_t

instead of

  system_u:object_r:shlib_t

This difference is crucial since the policy now is restrictive when it comes to mapping files for execution. So, take a look at the output of

  ls -lZ /lib /lib/tls /usr/lib

(and for related directories). If any DSO uses lib_t instead of shlib_t, fix the label. The easiest way to do this is to relabel the entire filesystem. More info at

  http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/selinux-faq-fc3/