Re: Where do you get the fedora extras from?

On 12/10/2004 06:48:10 AM, Will Backman wrote:

Sounds like 6 month release cycle makes it hard for everything to
catch
up.

New release comes out.  I wait a little while for 3rd party apps to
catch up, install on my machine.  Darn, now a new version is out.

I think this is a unique scenario because of the change in handling of Fedora Extras - in hindsight it probably would have been better to get the Red Hat infrastructure up first, doing fc3 the same way as fc2 - and then do the change during the fc4test series so that the bugs in the infrastructure could be worked out for a smooth fc4 deployment.

But fc2 extras work in most cases.