Re: Fedora Core 3: Epson Perfection 1650 USB Scanner only, recognized as "root"

Alan Cox wrote:

On Tue, Nov 16, 2004 at 11:27:38AM -0600, Gerry Tool wrote:
BUT, this bug has been recognized for 7 months, and so far all I see is a lot of bickering about who should fix it.

Like SELinux the HAL/udev changes are affecting core code, and unsuprisingly
both of them have had a few kinks

device I've been using since Red Hat Linux 7.3. FC2 broke scanner use, and now FC3 has broken use of internal Zip drives (bugzilla 136971). I'm getting discouraged.

Seems easy to fix in HAL, attached a comment lets see if its doable and
David can whistle up a magic fix

Thanks for your comments, Alan. David did come up with a static change to my fstab that allows me to use the zip drive. Of course, fixing the basic problem would be better.

I also see from looking at the scanner bug report (121511) that some help may be on the way there.