Re: nvidia driver kernel 2.6.9 667

W. Guy Thomas wrote:

On Sun, 2004-11-07 at 01:04 -0400, Ricardo Veguilla wrote:
On Sat, 2004-11-06 at 23:50 -0500, Jim Martin wrote:
W. Guy Thomas wrote:

On Sat, 2004-11-06 at 23:30 -0500, Jim Martin wrote:
<SNIP>

just a thought, but did you take rhgb off your grub menu? I did that, and I can use my gdm with no problem.

Jim

I took just the rhgb off, , I still have quiet and everything else there. boots in run level 5, no problem.

you da man, thanks.
interesting though, that I get my gdm back, but the fedora graphics
never came back after loading nvidia's real drivers.

thanks my friend, though, I'm good with this.

You are welcome, and the Fedora graphics is what you just took off ( rhgb=Red hat graphical Boot) for some reasons does not like the nvidia driver. go figure :-)

If you still want rhgb, you can tell rhgb to use the xorg driver. Just
create an alternate xorg.conf (with the driver set to "nv") and copied
to /etc/rhgb/xorg.conf. This way, rhgb will always work (assuming the
xorg drivers works ) and you can use the nvidia driver for the standard
gdm/X session.
Regards,
--
Ricardo Veguilla <veguilla@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

see? now I *have* to try this...
thanks, will let you know! :)

Works! I love it when even I learn something new!! Thank you!

BaVinic