Experience with acpi

Hello:
I have finally been able to suspend my laptop (Toshiba Satellite S703) using a script suspend_to_ram.sh
in /etc/acpi/actions which is called on various events.

The problem is that to suspend the laptop, I have to kill acpid. If acpid is kept on when I suspend, the laptop will go into suspend fine - but on resume, the machine will go into shutdown mode.

So to suspend, I have to kill acpid. However, on resume, I now need acpid - after all, to see battery charge status etc... Now if I do start acpid with /usr/sbin/acpid, I get into the same trouble. The machine shuts down.

I have attached the suspend_to_ram script below that I am using. Any suggestions from laptop users of FC3T3 ? This script was pulled from the web, I did a few changes to it. Is removing usb modules really necessary ?

Amitabha