Re: Question to F39 who did a new install apart upgrade

On Mon, 02 Oct 2023 17:03:12 -0000
"old sixpack13" <sixpack13@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > On Sat, 30 Sep 2023 17:50:31 -0000
> > "old sixpack13" <sixpack13(a)online.de&gt; wrote:
> >

> > This is just a wild guess, but the tzdata package was recently
> > dropped as required by some packages.  Is it possible some fallout
> > from this is the source of your problem?  Do you have the tzdata
> > package(s) installed?
> >
> rpm -qa|grep tzdata
> tzdata-2023c-2.fc39.noarch
> tzdata-java-2023c-2.fc39.noarch
> more needed ?

No, that would do it.

> > Another remote possibility is that your system isn't maintaining
> > time properly.  Could the little pancake CR2032 battery be dead?
>
> the box is new build from: 2021-10-12
> my experiences with CMOS Batteries are: exchange needed when elder >
> 3 years

I'd give this a pass as well.  My thought was that the systemd messages
from boot for the journal, before chronyd was loaded, were off because
the time was different than the time that chronyd pulled from the web.

Given your data, I don't think either of these is your issue.  I'm out
of ideas.