Re: test kernels 6.2.x in F37 - an ultimate killer

On Mon, 20 Mar 2023 17:13:44 +0100
lejeczek via test <test@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 18/03/2023 17:49, lejeczek via test wrote:
> > Hi guys.
> >
> > Just to let you know - all the kernels I tried, x.5 tin
> > x.7 , kill the system...
> > .. when some video in a browser - as I do not playback any
> > videos allow cannot comment there - is played or paused
> > and some resizing or switching or showing
> > thumbnails/miniatures (tabs) is show/played/takes place,
> > then Fedora starts blinking my both monitors, laptop's
> > builtin & external Dell.
> > Blinking slow, black & desktop view alternately, at ~1 sec
> > intervals then about ~1 min later both monitors switch
> > black & stay that way.
> > From the very blink system is irresponsible - hard
> > power-cycle is a must.
> > Interestingly(?) audio continues - until of course, all
> > goes black - to playback okey.
> >
> > Nothing else is from koji/test, up to date from repos OS.
> > System - Thinkpad e14 g2 (AMD)
> >
> > regards, L.
> >

> an update - actually.. it, no video playback at all an this
> issue can occur.

Does this only occur with firefox?  Have you tried another
browser?  Chromium, seamonkey, netsurf, falkon, midori, epiphany,
otter-browser, and others are available as packages in Fedora.  You
could also try with the alpha version of firefox called nightly, from
here, in case it is a bug that has been fixed:

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/channel/desktop/

Does it occur with older kernels?  That is, is it possibly a memory
problem, maybe seating of components, or heat?