Re: Last known Good for Rawhide (Server Edition) -- Not Good

On Sat, 10 Dec 2022 08:51:14 -0800
Adam Williamson <adamwill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sat, 2022-12-10 at 12:01 +0100, Onyeibo Oku wrote:
> > On Sat, 10 Dec 2022 11:47:39 +0100
> > Frantisek Zatloukal <fzatlouk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > > o/ ,
> > >
> > > Please note that "last known good" for rawhide nightlies actually
> > > means that it installs to VM, not via usb.
> >
> > Interesting.  That should be explicit on the page then.  Some people
> > still run server editions outside the cloud.
>
> It is.
>
> "This is not as strong an indication of quality as official Alpha or
> Beta status, but at least indicates that the image successfully boots,
> completes a system installation, and boots to the installed system, in
> a straightforward virtual machine configuration."
>
> That's right there at the top of the page.

How did I miss that?

> > > Just to be sure, did you create the usb media via Fedora Media
> > > Writer?
> >
> > Kinda saw this coming.  Short Answer:  NO
> > I used Rufus and never had issues with that prior to this image.
> > The last Server edition I tried in November worked.
>
> Please try with straight dd or Fedora Media Writer. We can't be sure
> how any other tool writes images or if it's causing the problem.

So I did.  I created the USB with Fedora Media Writer and it worked!
I am sending this mail from the box.  I now have added respect for
Fedora Media Writer, more than ever before.  I always ran to Rufus in
the past.

On that note,  I tender my apologies to the QA team for my baseless
complaints.  It is was all good.

Regards
Onyeibo