Re: F37 seems to require a reboot after updates of firmware packages in order for firefox to run.

Hello Stan,

I do not experience this behaviour with Fedora 37. The only thing that happens to Firefox is that

 it requires to be restarted when the application gets an upgrade using the DNF way.

In that case, I hit "Restart Firefox" button that comes with the message and my Firefox closes and reopens in the couple of seconds and I am using its newer version without the need to restart the whole machine.

I never upgrade via Software because it takes so long and needs restarting.

On Thu, Sep 22, 2022 at 9:20 PM stan via test <test@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, 19 Aug 2022 06:45:14 -0700
stan <upaitag@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Aug 2022 06:31:36 -0700
> stan <upaitag@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> New development.  I decided to run strace on the process to see if it
> would give any useful information.  And the program started!  That
> makes it look like there might be a race happening, with strace
> slowing things down enough that it didn't occur.
>
> A workaround of sorts.  :-)

This became more common, and strace sometimes worked and sometimes not.
But what works every time is to start chromium, then close it.  After
that, nightly starts every time.  There must be a missing library or
setting that chromium sets up, and then firefox can use it.  I haven't
looked further.

Lukáš Růžička

FEDORA QE, RHCE

Red Hat