Extensions information

Good morning everyone,

I know Gnome Shell Extension issues are not considered bugs. This is just information.

Earlier when the discussion was going on about not being able to install extensions I sent an e'mail to this list that mentioned this and said I would check it out more when Gnome had a version number. Now that Gnome is 43.0 I went ahead with my checks.

Three of the extensions used here are Freon, NetSpeed, and System Monitor. To this point these would not run reporting an error of not being compatible with the current Gnome version. Today I patched that and verified the patches as follows:

sudo sed -i 's/40.0/43.0/g' /usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions/freon@UshakovVasilii_Github.yahoo.com/metadata.json

sudo sed -i 's/42/43.0/g' /usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions/netspeed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/metadata.json

sudo sed -i 's/42/43.0/g' /usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions/system-monitor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/metadata.json

cat /usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions/freon@UshakovVasilii_Github.yahoo.com/metadata.json

cat /usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions/netspeed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/metadata.json

cat /usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions/system-monitor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/metadata.json

Now Freon and Net Speed seem to be working fine. If someone could update the Gnome version in their metadata.jason files in the RPM they should be fine as installed. Should these be reported as Gnome issues?

System Monitor now shows a different error "StatusArea aggregateMenu is undefined". Is this a Gnome Issue or do extension issues get reported at another location?

	Have a Great Day!

	Pat	(tablepc)