Re: Plan / proposal: enable openQA update testing and potentially gating on Rawhide updates

On Thu, 2022-06-09 at 17:05 -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> Big +1 from me... I think this would be great to enable.

Update here: as the feedback was broadly positive, today I went ahead
and hit the big switch and enabled the *tests* on openQA production.

I did not yet enable *gating*.

So, you will now see automated test results from openQA for Rawhide
updates in Bodhi, but no updates will be gated on them. If your Rawhide
update is gated it is not because of openQA. Yet. :D

Rawhide test results are still a bit messier than stable release ones,
but the level of messiness seems to be tolerable after a few months of
practice on staging. The debug kernels do seem to cause somewhat more
flakiness, and we do get more not-correctly-bundled updates on Rawhide,
and more change generally means more brokenness. But it doesn't seem
unmanageable. I'll plan to run things this way for a few more weeks,
and look into the idea that came up about improving the side tag chain
build experience a bit, before considering turning on gating.

Thanks folks!
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA