Re: Removing 5.19 kernel; dnf wants to remove 501 other packages too. (Samuel Sieb)

On Mon, 2022-07-11 at 00:07 +0000, George R Goffe via test wrote:
> Sergio,
>
> Thanks for responding to my plea... It's definitely appreciated.
>
> Part of the install of VirtualBox is the compilation of LKMs which use the kernel headers. Since 5-19 lacks support in VB (as far as I know at this point), if I run vboxconfig to recompile the LKMs, that compilation would fail and VB would stop working (I think). Parts of me thinks that if the compile fails, the targets of the compile process would remain unchanged but I'm not willing to take the chance. Sigh...
>
> Am I missing something here?

You can do what Sergio suggested - `dnf distro-sync kernel-headers`. If
you now have only the official repos enabled, that should downgrade it
to the 'correct' current version for your release.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA