Re: Removing 5.19 kernel; dnf wants to remove 501 other packages too. (Samuel Sieb)

Sergio,

Thanks for responding to my plea... It's definitely appreciated.

Part of the install of VirtualBox is the compilation of LKMs which use the kernel headers. Since 5-19 lacks support in VB (as far as I know at this point), if I run vboxconfig to recompile the LKMs, that compilation would fail and VB would stop working (I think). Parts of me thinks that if the compile fails, the targets of the compile process would remain unchanged but I'm not willing to take the chance. Sigh...

Am I missing something here?

Best regards,

George...

On Sunday, July 10, 2022 at 02:50:17 PM PDT, Sérgio Basto <sergio@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sun, 2022-07-10 at 15:34 +0000, George R Goffe via test wrote:
> Sam,
>
> Thanks for responding to this plea for help... It's appreciated.
>
> As expected, all kernel packages would have been successful... EXCEPT
> for the kernel-headers package... 503 packages affected. Sigh.

yes , you should keep kernel-headers , you may do

dnf distro-sync kernel-headers

--
Sérgio M. B.