Re: Fedora-Server-dvd-x86_64-35-20210908.n.0 issue

On 9/9/21 20:14, Adam Williamson wrote:
On Thu, 2021-09-09 at 15:19 -0400, pmkellly@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
In regard to: Fedora-Server-dvd-x86_64-35-20210908.n.0

Today I thought I would see if the old issue with wireless networking
not being available in Fedora Linux Server is making progress toward
being resolved.

This was a bare metal install on a Lenovo M53 with a i5-4570 CPU. The
ISO was check summed and loaded to a thumb drive using Media Writer. The
test machine booted, ran the media check and started Anaconda normally.

There was no wired connection to the system, but the system has wireless
capability.

The network link on the main Annaconda page showed that there was no network connection. I did open the Network page in the installer. The only thing it showed was the eno1 port. There didn't seem to be a way to add the wireless. It showed adding Bridge, Team, etc. I couldn't get the wireless connected. I tried Configuration and couldn't see a way to connect the wireless there.

After Server was installed and rebooted, I logged in and tried "sudo dnf
upgrade --refresh" and got the errors about it couldn't get the mirrors.

This, for me, demonstrated that the wireless was not working.

Then I connected the PC to a wired internet connection. Well, the server
can't access the wired connection now; so I guess that has to be set up
manually now.

After I got the wired network running I ran the updates (wanted to save
time). I just wanted to see if we are getting closer to wireless working
on Server. After the updates and reboot the wireless was available and
worked. I checked and both NetworkManager-wifi and wpa_supplicant were
installed

My theory is that the wpa_supplicant was loaded during the updates. The old bug said that for F34 Server the NetworkManager-wifi was installed, but wpa_supplicant was not. The plan was to make sure it all worked in F35 Server.

I'm hoping that by Beta for Server that the installer will connect to
wireless when that is all that is available so it will work with server
after the install and reboot are done; just like it does with wired. Is
that likely or am I having a peasent dream?

I'm having trouble parsing your email, but as far as I can tell, it
reads like at no point did you actually try to connect to a wireless
network in the installer. But then your conclusion is that it doesn't
work. I'm a bit confused? Sorry!

Sorry, I had some distractions while writing this.

	Have a Great Day!

	Pat	(tablepc)