Fedora-Server-dvd-x86_64-35-20210908.n.0 issue

In regard to: Fedora-Server-dvd-x86_64-35-20210908.n.0

Today I thought I would see if the old issue with wireless networking not being available in Fedora Linux Server is making progress toward being resolved.

This was a bare metal install on a Lenovo M53 with a i5-4570 CPU. The ISO was check summed and loaded to a thumb drive using Media Writer. The test machine booted, ran the media check and started Anaconda normally.

There was no wired connection to the system, but the system has wireless capability.

After Server was installed and rebooted, I loged in and tried "sudo dnf upgrade --refresh" and got the errors about it couldn't get the mirrors.

Then I connected the PC to a wired internet connection. Well, the server can't access the wired connection now; so I guess that has to be set up manually now.

After I got the wired network running I ran the updates (wanted to save time). I just wanted to see if we are getting closer to wireless working on Server. After the updates and reboot the wireless was available and worked. I checked and both NetworkManager-wifi and wpa_supplicant were installed

I'm hoping that by Beta for Server that the installer will connect to wireless when that is all that is available so it will work with server after the install and reboot are done; just like it does with wired. Is that likely or am I having a peasent dream?

	Have a Great Day!

	Pat	(tablepc)