Re: Install of rawhide from netinstall without net connection

On Thu, 24 Jun 2021 10:21:33 +0200
Kamil Paral <kparal@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 23, 2021 at 3:41 PM stan via test
> <test@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I tried to install the latest netinstall version (20210622) of
> > rawhide yesterday using optical media.  Everything seems to work
> > fine, except... without a net connection it does not fall back to
> > using the minimal install on the CD.
> >

> There is no minimal install on the CD. With netinst, there is only the
> installer on the CD, nothing else. That's why it is "netinst". If you
> want an offline install, you need to use the Server DVD, or a
> Workstation Live. Or have a repo mirror locally (either on a
> different drive, or on your LAN, etc).

Later response with more relevant experience because of your response.
It pushed me into investigating further, so thanks.  When I go into the
repo setup link, there is a selection to use the install media as the
install source instead of the net.  And also a selection that says to
use only the install media, and not to use the latest updates.  That
those options exist suggests to me that the install media is supposed
to be able to do an install of whatever image is on the media.

It just seems to spin endlessly when I try this.  And, as I commented
in another response, it doesn't work even when the network link is
active.