Re: Install of rawhide from netinstall without net connection

New information.  I decided to reset the router to grant network access.

On Wed, 23 Jun 2021 06:40:38 -0700
stan via test <test@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I tried to install the latest netinstall version (20210622) of rawhide
> yesterday using optical media.  Everything seems to work fine,
> except... without a net connection it does not fall back to using the
> minimal install on the CD.
>
> My router is set up to disable my ISP's DNS so that I can set the DNS
> servers to what I want them to be.  So installing the netinstall fails
> if the router is on because it keeps timing out waiting for DNS.

This is false.  The router is configured with the custom DNS servers I
want to use.  The settings are to use the knot resolver as a caching
DNS server, bypassing NetworkManager's grabbing DNS servers directly,
so nothing to do with getting a valid connection.

I am able to activate the net connection, and ping the DNS servers from
within the running netinstall boot.  It shows active.

But, when I look at the logs in tty4, NetworkManager seems to be
blocking the install because I have IPv6 turned off.  It keeps
repeating and error line something like

DEBUG NetworkManager ndisc([number hash]) solicit time to next solicit

Is it really true that it would block based on IPv6?  Seems unlikely,
but it repeats it each time. Could it be that the address of the
rawhide repo it is looking for has not been updated to the latest
greatest since the branch of F34?  That the IPv6 is just a red herring?

There seems to be something seriously wrong with software discovery in
the netinstall image.  Should I open a bugzilla?  Against what
application, if so?