Re: newbie question about the Branched version

On Mon, Mar 29, 2021 at 10:56 PM David <dlocklear01@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am assuming that at this stage in Fedora 34 development, that
> nearly everything being tested in Rawhide currently, that passes
> certain test, eventually ends up in Fedora 34 until Tuesday, April 20th
> at 1400 UTC.

What's in Rawhide will become Fedora Linux 35. F34 branched from
Rawhide in February and all F34 work has been done in the f34 branch
since then.

> It just seems like there is at least a 3 week gap on the advertised
> schedule between Beta Target and Final Freeze.
>
> Does anything exciting happen during that time ?

Packagers continue to update their packages as necessary. A lot of the
work at this point is (or at least should be) bugfixes. Once the Final
Freeze in place, packagers can continue to submit updates, but those
will be held until the release day unless they fix a release blocking
bug[1] or have been granted a freeze exception[2].

> I assume there is a more detailed schedule used by the people
> doing all the work.

The full schedule is published to Fedora People[3]. (Click the links
at the top to see tasks per functional area)

Does this help?

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:SOP_blocker_bug_process
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:SOP_freeze_exception_bug_process
[3] https://fedorapeople.org/groups/schedule/f-34/f-34-key-tasks.html