Re: wi-fi question

>      Upgrading        : grub2-efi-x64-1:2.06~rc1-3.fc35.x86_64                                                 159/498
>                               warning: /boot/grub2/grubenv created as /boot/grub2/grubenv.rpmnew
>
>       Upgrading        : grub2-efi-x64-1:2.06~rc1-3.fc35.x86_64                                                 159/498
>                                 warning: /boot/grub2/grubenv created as /boot/grub2/grubenv.rpmnew

I do not think these are errors.  I have seen similar warnings in the
past, and think this just indicates some file in the new package would
replace an earlier file that appears to contain some modifications.
Instead of replacing the (possibly modified) file, the new version is
stored with the ".rpmnew" suffix.  The user can then explore the
difference between the old and new files, and decide what should be done.

The purpose is surely to prevent an update causing something to break
due to loss of local configuration data.

This is why we see a modern preference to place local configuration data
in small files added to something-or-other-conf.d directories.  Because
these pieces are new (i.e. not part of a package, but local to a system)
and dynamically included by a configuratioin process, they will not
produce this warning message when a package update occurs.