Re: Fedora SOAS 33 Beta Startup Goes Straight to Login Screen

On Wed, 2020-10-21 at 13:38 +0200, Silvia Sánchez wrote:
> Hello Peter,
>
> I'm going to check myself since I have some experience with SOAS & Sugar.
> I never had the system to show me a login screen, it always went straight
> to the desktop/environment for me.

That's the bug, basically :)

It's not an uncommon kind of bug. The desktop lives all still *have*
their login managers, but are supposed to be configured to not run them
interactively but automatically log in as the user "liveuser". If
anything about that goes wrong, this is what happens - instead of the
autologin happening, you wind up at the interactive login screen.

Depending on how badly things are broken, you may be able to log in
manually as "liveuser" (with no password) or not.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey