Re: Can dxvk be turned on/off per app?

On Fri, Aug 14, 2020 at 4:50 AM Bruno Wolff III <bruno@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
The next dxvk enhancement for wine broke Sin of the Solar Empire - Rebellion
(GoG's version) for me, but works for some other games. Right now I've
turned it off for everything, but I'd like to only turn it off for games
that have a problem.

Can you please go ahead and report the issue to DXVK developers? https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/issues

They are pretty responsive there, thanks!

I looked at the feature page and there doesn't seem to be much help
there for people who have problems other than uninstalling it. Alternatives
was mentioned without examples, which was enough to help me turn it off
with that so that it didn't get reinstalled later and break things. But
I'm hoping there is a way to do overrides using winecfg, but I'm not
sure how to specify the overrides.

Unfortunately, enabling/disabling dxvk from default installation per application is not possible.
In these cases, the only option would be to uninstall dxvk and then install/enable it from official sources. Or, if you're having problems with only few applications/games, you can use lutris to launch them with different (dxvk-less) versions of wine.