Self-Introduction: Michel Salim (Facebooker)

Hi all,

I've met some of you in person over the years (most recently at Flock 2019), but have been remiss in getting directly involved beyond helping test updates.

With Lenovo now officially supporting Fedora on some models, and my company (Facebook) running Fedora on a substantial number of ThinkPad and ThinkStation devices, it's probably time to stop lurking and get more involved, so here I am.

I've been at Facebook for the past three years, but have been involved in Fedora on and off since... oh, 2004 or 2005? I've mostly been a package maintainer, with a couple of code contributions to internal projects here and there.

I am particularly interested in addressing and preventing several reliability issues we've been having, but beyond listing them here I'll probably start getting involved in current initiatives first to get a better feel of the processes:

- post-release regressions especially as they affect either desktop UX (graphics issues, sound issues, trackpad etc.) or network installation
- testing upcoming Fedora releases
- long-standing network installation issues (e.g. netinstalling on ThinkPads but using an external network adapter instead of the official dongle)

Long-term, I'm interested in building a process whereby we can collect and report regression data from our userbase, without having all of them sign up to be Fedora contributors.

Feel free to message me for my company email if you need it, or to ask any question (happy to answer them here too). Trying to not use my work email for mailing lists since... Outlook is terrible. Especially on Linux ;)

Best regards,

--
Michel Alexandre Salim
profile: https://keybase.io/michel_slm