Re: some Rawhide feedback

On 4/17/20 9:26 PM, David wrote:
What goes on in dnf during a "transaction check?"      I would recommend
that dnf word some things or items better, or at least provide an easy resource
somewhere to explain things like "scriptlet."

If you're doing something like running dnf from the command line, there is some expectation that you understand a bit of what is going on. The "transaction check" is where dnf checks that the transaction is valid and there's enough space to run it. A "scriptlet" is a little script. RPMs can have a little script to do things while installing, updating, or removing the package.

Why does the last item on the dnf update take so long to update?     The one
today was the kernel, and it took almost two minutes.       However, I have
an old CPU from the 2015 era.

There is some cleanup and scripts run at the end of the update, but also the kernel does take longer anyway because there's a new initramfs being created as part of the install.