Fedora 33 ( Rawhide ) Xfce Report

This is just a quick note about my personal install.

Today's Rawhide update went smoothly.    I now have the stable
mesa 20.0.0-1, and some new tweaks to Network Manager.     But
my wi-fi still does not work.

I did get a fc33 version of the Xfce weather widget, and I guess that
seems to work okay.    I had never used it until today.

I do have a question about Fedora or maybe Linux in general.

Is there any possible way that something I do on my computer, could bork
my DSL modem ?     Today after running the Rawhide update, my modem immediately
stopped working.    But after rebooting my computer.    My modem now works.    Is that
just a coincidence ?    Or is there a ghost just messing with me ?      Or does AT&T in
Houston, Texas area really suck as bad as I think it does.

David Locklear

P.S.     On a sad note, my estranged-wife threw a psychotic fit today, because she does
not have MSWord, and she thinks I should fix it.       She can barely operate her Apple smartphone, and she can
barely operate her Chromebook, and my previous attempts at teaching her to use a
Windows computer failed.      There is no way I could teach her how to use a Linux computer.
I can't imagine stretching the budget enough to get her a Apple computer.      I looked at
getting her a typewriter.     I told her to go to the library and use their computer, and I can't
print what she told me in response.       I am likely going to have to buy her a Windows 10
laptop.    That will be a painful purchase.