Re: Fedora 33 Xfce report

Hello folks,

For the sake of information, I have a netbook with XFCE.  So I'm glad there's active testing in Fedora. Let me know if you need anything, I'll be happy to help.

Kind regards,
Lailah/Silvia

On Sun, 23 Feb 2020 at 00:04, Kevin Fenzi <kevin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, Feb 21, 2020 at 09:42:16AM -0500, David wrote:
> Disclaimer:      I am a novice, for the purposes of this
> report.

We all learn every day, if we are lucky. :)

> Today's Rawhide update went smoothly.    I am now on the
> third iteration of kernel 5.6.0-rc2.
>
> I explored the settings of xscreensaver today.      I was surprised
> that this program is still maintained and that Fedora has the most
> recent versions.      The developer even writes on this website to
> not use Debian, because you won't get his latest version.     I turned
> off most of the screensavers, but kept a few for nostalgic reasons.

There is a Xfce specific screensaver in progress, but it's not quite
ready to take over by defaut yet.

> I added Midori web-browser from dnfdragora, to see if my slow internet
> speed was related to Firefox.    I could not figure out how to get Midori
> to even find a web-page.    I have never had any luck with Midori.    My

Should be just like any other browser, open it and type a url in the url
bar.

> internet is working okay today, and I have complained to my service
> provider, and they always ask "What operating system are you using ?"
> I do not want to tell them Linux, as they would just say, "Oh, there is your
> problem, right there," and try to persuade me to switch to Windows or Mac to
> fix their crappy internet service.

Yeah, sadly thats still all too common.

> Are there any Xfce Rawhide users on this list, and if not, should I stop
> reporting
> my experience ?     How many Xfce Rawhide users in the world are there ?
> I would
> be surprised if the number was over 100, and I doubt most of those use it
> as there
> only operating system.

I'm sure there are some Xfce users here. Mostly this list is about
discussing problems or issues folks run into, so there may not be as
much interest in just day to day usage. There's really no way to tell
how many users there are for anything Fedora. We don't track things in
general... although there is a initiative coming up to hopefully get
more information on that:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/DNF_Better_Counting

kevin