Closing bug reports

Happy New Year Everyone!

In my prior experience I was expected to keep any problem reports I filed (like bug reports) followed up on and make sure they got closed. For me it's a long established habit.

I like to keep my bugzilla list short. Sometimes bugs that I have filed are fixed without without being closed. They just hang around until they age out of the system and someone closes them.

Sometimes, bugs just age and age because I have updated them to be applicable to the current version of Fedora, but no one has had time to look at them. This isn't a criticism. I understand the some bugs are low priority for a number of good reasons.

Today I sent some e'mails to the assignees of some bugs that I think should be closed because they are fixed, have been superseded by another bug, or in one case the application was retired.

I re-read the pages in the wiki on bug reports and the topic of closing bugs seems missing except for "end of life"

Question: Is this an okay thing to do? I asked this once before in the context of a particular bug and the recommendation was that I should send an e'mail to the assignee. I just want to determine if this is a good general case practice.

	Have a Great Day!

	Pat	(tablepc)