2019-12-09 @ 16:00 UTC - Fedora QA Meeting - Minutes

==================================
#fedora-meeting: Fedora QA Meeting
==================================

Meeting started by adamw at 16:01:03 UTC. The full logs are available at
https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2019-12-09/fedora-qa.2019-12-09-16.01.log.html
.

Meeting summary
---------------
* Roll call  (adamw, 16:01:10)

* Previous meeting follow-up  (adamw, 16:05:12)
  * "kparal to reply to the list with his suggestions for revisions to
    the proposed shutdown test case" - he did this, and we'll be coming
    back to the topic later  (adamw, 16:06:18)
  * "tablepc to do a new draft of the proposed test case after seeing
    kparal's suggestions" - this also happened, and once again we'll be
    coming back to it  (adamw, 16:06:39)

* Proposed asynchronous blocker review process  (adamw, 16:11:21)
  * AGREED: there is a solid consensus that the async blocker process
    proposal is a good idea and we should go ahead and give it a shot
    (adamw, 16:19:26)
  * ACTION: kparal to go ahead and set up some version of the proposed
    process for a trial run for early f32 review  (adamw, 16:20:05)

* Proposed disk unmount test case  (adamw, 16:22:17)
  * LINK:
    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Tablepc/Draft_testcase_reboot
    (tablepc, 16:22:26)
  * ACTION: adamw to send a reboot test case draft with some copyediting
    corrections to tablepc's draft  (adamw, 16:31:21)

* F31 eclipse module default stream / protobuf issue  (adamw, 16:39:02)
  * late last week, the eclipse module was given a 'default stream' for
    F31; this means that module stream was now the default source for
    all packages it contains, rather than the non-modular repos  (adamw,
    16:42:45)
  * it turned out the module included a build of the protobuf package,
    with some features removed; so now we had a reduced-functionality
    protobuf as the default. this caused problems for folks who had
    anything that required the missing bits of protobuf installed
    (adamw, 16:43:47)
  * the default stream was quickly removed again, but the current
    implementation of modularity doesn't handle the removal of a default
    stream automatically - anyone who updated while it was set and got
    the module stream enabled is stuck with it until they deactivate the
    module manually  (adamw, 16:45:09)
  * the official recommendation from modularity team is to run `dnf
    module disable eclipse` followed by `dnf downgrade protobuf`
    (adamw, 16:46:50)

* Open floor  (adamw, 16:56:15)

Meeting ended at 17:07:49 UTC.

Action Items
------------
* kparal to go ahead and set up some version of the proposed process for
  a trial run for early f32 review
* adamw to send a reboot test case draft with some copyediting
  corrections to tablepc's draft

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* adamw
  * adamw to send a reboot test case draft with some copyediting
    corrections to tablepc's draft
* tablepc
  * adamw to send a reboot test case draft with some copyediting
    corrections to tablepc's draft
* **UNASSIGNED**
  * kparal to go ahead and set up some version of the proposed process
    for a trial run for early f32 review

People Present (lines said)
---------------------------
* adamw (82)