Re: For today's agenda item - Proposed disk unmount test case

On 12/5/19 14:07, pmkellly@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

On 12/5/19 03:56, Kamil Paral wrote:

Here's the email I had in mind, containing the important journal messages: https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/test@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/message/S5LQTXKFPIUKBFC7HL5SNSAV3ZRFP6WV/

We need to create a command or commands that will detect any of the failure
states (and ideally another command for any of the success states, for
confirmation).

It doesn't really matter if you grep the journal directly or save the
journal and grep the file. But it's one fewer command to grep the journal
directly. And if a failure is found, ask the user to save the journal and
report a bug.

I have the test case updated, but I ran into a problem with the test case template. The "|" character is apparently a reserved character in the template code. I couldn't get it to let me have the pipe from the journal to the grep. Nor could I use the -E option with the grep because that character is used to separate the match patterns.

     Have a Great Day!

     Pat    (tablepc)

Sorry!

Here's the link: