Re: Screencaster issue

According to the forum, it sounds like you have it solved now.  The issue is that if you're using Wayland, X applications can't read the screen.  Actually, Wayland apps can't do that directly either.  There's a new system called pipewire that provides that support now and will eventually take over from pulseaudio and jack as well.  You need an application that has support for pipewire, which I assume the latest OBS does now.

Thanks for clarifying that for me.

Since the application I needed with pipewire was on flathub and that application without pipewire was on the standard Fedora F31 repository, I'm curious. Is there is a plan that flatpacs will be in a standard repository on Fedora in the future? I suppose some or all of the flatpacs might be absorbed into, for instance, Fedora Modular?

Thanks again and Have a Great Day!

	Pat	(tablepc)