Screencaster issue

I've been needing a screen caster for a while. I starting "auditioning" them and ran into a consistent problem. The folks at Ask Fedora got me to a good place and provided an explanation as to why the video wasn't working (link next).

https://ask.fedoraproject.org/t/need-help-with-screencaster/4308

I'm still left with questions I need some help with. Apparently the main issue with the failed attempts is things not working with Wayland. The explanation seemed to support this. Is this really a Gnome / Mutter issue? I suppose it might be that the authors of the screen casters need to rewrite their screen interfaces because the gstreamer or ffmpeg are no longer allowed as an application interface under Wayland.

	Thanks and Have a Great Day!

	Pat	(tablepc)