Re: Upgrading from F30 to F31 beta reboot issue

Wow, yes, I did not see this. The dnf version mismatch is a biggie, I totally agree.

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
An 9. Okt. 2019, 00:53, Adam Williamson schrieb:

On Tue, 2019-10-08 at 12:08 +0000, Rodger Etz wrote:
> Marek looked at it and confirmed my analysis. He also stated the
> issue will be solved.

I'm not sure either of you figured it out entirely, I'm digging into it
more ATM. But...

> So IMHO there is no point discussing dep issues of certain packages,

Well, there are at least several genuine issues here, one of which is
quite bad: for some reason, there is a much newer dnf version in F30
updates-testing (4.2.11) than there is in any F31 repo (4.2.9 is the
latest there). F31 package 'yum' is set to obsolete F30 package 'dnf-
yum'...but only for *older versions*, so if you have the current F30
updates-testing dnf-yum package installed, when you try to upgrade to
F31, nothing replaces dnf-yum. With --allowerasing, dnf will remove it
and update dnf. Without --allowerasing, dnf will keep the old dnf in
order to keep the old dnf-yum.

That one definitely needs reporting, and I will do it.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey